This course is 6 hours in person and 6 hours online.
Cupping Therapy is essentially negative pressure vacuum massage. It is an instrument assisted technique performed with a mechanical device that lifts the skin b means of suction, mobilizing a small section of skin for the purpose of pain relief and relaxation.
In this class the students will:
1. Review the history of cupping
2. Outline research-based benefits
3. Review the industry report
4. View different types of cups
5. Outline safe practices
6. Examine proper sanitization of cups and equipment
7. Examine a cupping layout/routine
8. Learn about contraindications/adverse effects of cupping
9. Review and prepare for a written exam
Before completion of this course students will/will be able to:
1. Understand history of cupping
2. Recall research-based benefits
3. Understand the industry report
4. Identify types of cups
5. Identify and choose a cupping set
6. Perform safe cupping practices
7. Demonstrate proper sanitization of cups and equipment
8. Demonstrate a cupping layout/routine
9. List the contraindications/adverse effects of cupping
10. Understand how to prepare the treatment room
11. Pass a written exam with a score %70 or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the address?
923 West McNeese street Lake Charles, LA 70601
Are there any overnight accommodations?
Yes, $35 a night per person
What do I need to bring?
Five (5) sets of sheets with face cradle covers and massage cream.