Hot Stone Massage
This course is 6 hours in person and 6 hours online.
Hot Stone Massage involves the use of smooth heated stones placed on specific points on the body for the purpose of relaxation, stress reduction and may improve sleep.
In this class the students will:
1. Explore the History of hot stone use
2. Discuss Research based benefits
3. Examine the Industry report
4. Explore Types of heating equipment
5. Examine Types of rock
6. Understand and demonstrate safe Thermotherapy practices
7. View Proper sanitization of rocks and equipment
8. View a hot Stone layout
9. View a hot stone routine
9. View a stone layout
10 vies a hot stone routine
11. Examine how to prepare the treatment room for stones
12. Prepare for a written exam (review)
By the end of this course students will/will be able to:
1. Understand history of hot stone use
2. Recall the research-based benefits of thermotherapy and cryotherapy
3. Understand the industry report
4. Identify types of heating equipment
5. Assemble a complete stone set
6. Perform safe thermotherapy and cryotherapy practices
7. Demonstrate proper sanitization methods
8. Demonstrate a hot stone layout/routine
9. Demonstrate a cold stone layout/routine
11. Understand how to prepare the treatment room
12. Pass a written exam with a score 70% or higher
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the address?
923 West McNeese street Lake Charles, LA 70601
Are there any overnight accommodations?
Yes, $35 a night per person
What do I need to bring?
Five (5) sets of sheets with face cradle covers and massage cream.